Search Constraints

You searched for: Projects West Virginia History OnView Remove constraint Projects: West Virginia History OnView
Number of results to display per page

Search Results

Wheaton was the first African American to graduate from the University of Minnesota Law School.  He was elected to the Minnesota House of Representatives in the 1898.
Born in Piedmont, West Virginia, Redman studied at Storer and at the Boston Conservatory.  He was a jazz musician, arranger, bandleader, and composer.  Redman became a member of the West Virginia Music Hall of Fame in 2009.
M.S. Briscoe was a Storer College Alumnus, class of 1924.  He received his A.B. degree from Lincoln University, and his A.M. degree in Zoology from Columbia University.  He was a Biology Instructor at Storer College in 1930
View from Camp Hill, Harpers Ferry, W. Va. showing several buildings on the Storer College campus including 1. Lockwood, 2. Brackett, 3. McDowell Shenandoah (?), 4. Franklin (Cook) House, and  5. Storer College Gym.
Crowd gathered for the stone laying ceremony on Camp Hill at Storer College
Five of the college buildings on Storer College campus are depicted on this post card.  Buildings include: Brackett Hall, Permelia Eastman Cook Hall, Mosher Hall, Anthony Memorial Hall, and the President's House.
Seated is W.E.B. Du Bois. Standing, from left to right, is J. R. Clifford, L. M. Hershaw, and F. H. M. Murray.
Looking north-west up the Potomac River, several landmarks and structure such as Storer College, the Armory and the Hill Top Hotel can be seen.(From postcard collection legacy system.)
Published by Louis Kauffman & Sons. (From postcard collection legacy system.)
Caption on back of postcard reads: "Now located on the campus of Storer College, Harpers Ferry, West Virginia. John Brown and his followers captured this fire engine house at Harpers Ferry and defended it against the U.S. Army until captured by Col. Robert E. Lee on October 18, 1859." Published by Kelley's Studio. (From postcard collection legacy system.) Since the time this caption was written the "fort" has been moved to the lower town, closer to it's original location.
Published by Union News Company. (From postcard collection legacy system.)
(From postcard collection legacy system.)